Saturday, February 14, 2009

We will meet at the place..

Its been more than 2 weeks now and finally I'm having some measure of closure although I haven't moved on completely. Markus was a big part of my life. Part of me still mourns and part of me hopes for brighter days ahead. Surely this isn't the end. Life goes on and I suppose that's what life is like- a mix of grief and laughter, bitter and sweet. All of these make life, life.

For a long period in my life, I've lived a comfortable life with little worries. No wonder I've never really understood what the term 'groaning world' meant. But reality has its way of teaching us even the toughest of lessons. I have a much better understanding of what incomplete happiness is, and what it means when the day comes where 'There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain'. Although it'll probably not happen in exactly the same sense as I understand it, but I certainly feel I understand it better.

I never quite grasped the concept that 'the highest does not stand without the lowest'; intellectual discourse was never my cup of tea. Yet again, even in your departure you taught me this. Every memory I have of you now seems so much sweeter. Its certainly an honor to have been part of your life.

Losing you isn't easy, but even then, I am comforted. Thanks be to God, for the darkness of death is overcome by the brightness of life in Christ. The pain of losing you makes the joy of seeing you again even sweeter. I will meet you again dearest friend, brother and mentor, at the place where the pavements are made of gold.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade- kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

No comments: