Monday, August 27, 2007

Miscellanous Updates..

OCF Malaysia had their 2nd official meet up last Thursday. It was great fun (as all OCF meetings are), and we had some time sharing about our hols and keeping each other accountable. We then did a short bible study on Daniel 2 and then some supper.

-

I went for paintball on Sunday with the youth from SS and AGAPE (with some older people, namely Kit and Tee Yee). It was held at TT sports arena in subang, just beside Holiday Villa. I thought the price was extremely reasonable (RM50 for 200 pellets and everything else not including body armor). It was good fun and I'm glad that everyone enjoyed it. It makes all the effort organizing it worth while. =D

-

I am feeling disabled. I just got myself a pair of specs last week and I realised, now that I have to rely on a man made instrument to help me live a normal life, I am somewhat not as able. Hence, the disabled feeling. (no offence to those who are wearing specs) I guess its just kinda hard trying to get used to having a glass screen in front of your eyes everywhere you look. But its nothing really serious; don't have much power or astig either. I just think that it helps me a lot to see things far away, especially in the lecture halls. On the bright side, they say that specs make you look older and more educated. =D

-

My eldest brother, David, just graduated today (his convo was today). He studied medcine in UPM and currently doing his housemanship in Kuching. Listening to him tell horror stories about being on call gives me the shudders. Imagine staying awake for 36 hours, and doing it on a regular basis? Pretty scary. Don't have pictures right now, but I'll upload some later.

-

I am currently working on a picture dictionary for the Chin refugees. I'm not doing the whole thing of course. Most of it was done by someone else who had to go off to the states and since she left, noone bothered finishing it. I have very little prior experience using photoshop, but I hope to finish it in 2 weeks time when I stop my stint with Malaysian Care.(which means I'm gonna have to learn how to use photoshop in a really short time) I am currently taking online lessons from friend and photoshop whiz, Mr Ho Sui-Jon. =D Hopefully I'll be able to see the first of the printing drafts before I leave back to the UK. As of now, I think Mcare has managed to find funding for 1000 copies.

-

I shall be speaking in Sg Long this Sunday. Uncle Seng Kooi has cunningly made me share in his place. He was pretty smooth actually. He called me over, made some small talk, then he dropped the bomb. "So, you're speaking in Sg Long on the 2nd September." Lol..

No comments: