Thursday, November 01, 2007

The first week of being 21..

Nothing much has changed I assure you, nothing much at all.

I've been wanting to do some recording for a long time now- about a year. But it wasn't until yesterday that I finally managed to muster up the discipline to do so. So there I was, sitting down with my guitar and playing a little music. I never thought it would be so hard. I sat down there for quite a while and not even get half of the song done. But I assure you, plans to keep on recording music are on the way.

I just had my first taste of an orchestra performance just now. The tickets were going for quarter its price. I must say that the 5 pounds was worth its every penny. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra was playing and Leonard Slatkin was conducting 'Belshazzar's Feast'. The performance was amazing. There were so many instruments playing at the same time and all in perfect harmony. As I said earlier, it was my first orchestra experience so I was busy assigning the different sounds to the instruments. It was just so good.

So good that I feel so inadequate to do any recording at all... =S

No comments: